Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Nugget for Reflection - Being Still with God as healing

From an excellent book I am enjoying a great deal, Listening for the Soul: Pastoral Care and Spiritual Direction, by Jean Stairs.  I will be posting a review once I have finished reading it, but this quote jumped out at me this morning:

"Quieting down and focusing long enough to listen to the voice of God within us and within our noisy circumstances is perhaps one of the most important things we can do for ourselves and others at a time when we feel held against our will by the force of hurried living.  It is the apparent incongruity with the whole direction of modern life that make contemplation profoundly healing.  No longer should contemplation be an optional item on a list of things to do, but it should be seen as the breath of life for us and others." (p. 42)

I will be posting more quotes from this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment