Friday, May 22, 2020

I Wonder What God is Doing with Us in This Time Devotional Wednesday 3/25/20


        I am getting very curious about all the ways that God is with us and working in us and in our world during these difficult days.  We know that God is with us, God is suffering with us, and I believe that God is working all over the world. 
        I’ve seen some good news about ways that people are helping one another. A lot of companies are working to find treatments and cures, while other companies are changing what they make.  Fashion companies are making protective gear for health care workers, distilleries are making hand sanitizer.  People are finding many ways to help one another get what they need. Teachers are learning new ways to educate their students.  Many people are learning new ways to live at a distance and still be happy. 
        None of this means that this is not hard, or that it will stop being hard soon.  But I do need to hear good news even on days when there is a lot of hard news. So I give God thanks and praise for many blessings, even some we don’t know about yet.  I believe we will look back on this time and see how God is healing, creating, and blessing us.
Nancy Waldo, St. Mary’s Woods

Prayer of Thomas Merton: My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. Amen. 
Prayer Suggestion: As you continue to pray for protection and health for yourself and your family members, add a prayer today for those who are unable to understand what is happening, like young children and people with intellectual disabilities and people who do not understand English.

No comments:

Post a Comment